Friday, October 13, 2006

Update from University of Florida on JJ

Original sender: Eric----

I went and saw JJ this morning. He’s a little dopey from the sedatives they’re using to keep him quiet in his box. He was glad to see us and seemed to like being touched. The vet student was pretty funny talking about what a great patient he’s been and how excited he was to be working with a Cattle Dog and how unbelievable it is that JJ could be so old.

The surgery seemed to go well. They abraded the wounds and will reevaluate on Monday and go back in to abrade more if needed. Post surgery they gave him some wacky vacuum bandage. They put some foam over the wound and then wrapped his leg in a Saran Wrap kind of thing glued down around the edges. A tube is then put on a vacuum to suck all the air and other gunk out. Word is it speeds healing and help fights against infection.

He’s kind of a sight to see. They put him in a little red wagon and wheeled him into an exam room for the visit. Pandora was so excited she put her front paws on the back of the wagon and pushed him along down the hallway. There were at least 3 catheter ends sticking out of the bandage around his neck in addition to the urinary catheter and the vacuum hose.

They will do blood work today to see if his kidney function has improved. He did urinate over 200 ml overnight so things are working; how well?

I’ll write when I know more.


From: Wendy Wallace
Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2006 11:52 PM
To: Eric Bruce
Subject: RE: Any update from University of Florida on JJ?

I received two phone calls from the University today, boy did I feel important. They are working really hard to save JJ and I was impressed. I hope surgery went well.

Wendy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home