Happy Thanksgiving
Original sender: Eric----
It’s been pretty quiet here.
JJ had taken all of his prescription tummy meds and began having diarrhea last weekend. We gave him half an imodium on Saturday and a full one on Sunday with no result. Otherwise he was having a great time. We were at a show here in Orlando and got him out several times to watch the show and work the crowd. He was up to barking non-stop whenever Zac was running. He even did a jealous thing at the practice jump. I let him try it with the bar on the ground and he was so conditioned to get a treat with a “good boy” he ate a small piece of cheese. Actually he was relatively ravenous all weekend and ate about 6 morsels each day. He even got so excited at the sight of the hose I let him bite the nozzle.
I left a message for Dr Goldkamp on Monday and later spoke with Hope at UF. It was news to me to know that the diarrhea and vomiting are side effects of the renal failure and that we can only treat the systems until either the kidneys regenerate or not. He did not respond to Pepto Bismol and so we got a script for a couple of other tummy meds on Wednesday.
Thanksgiving was about as good a day for the boy I could hope for. I gave him some food about every half hour along with the requisite ear scratching. The weather was nice and warm. I left the slider open and he sunned himself on the deck. He sniffed about the yard. He barked at Zac. He took a nap on the bed. He followed my every move as I did chores around the house. He still had diarrhea but he did not vomit.
Today has not been as good of a day. He barfed a small bit before we left for work and he was very alert on the way in. He sniffed the AC vents and had very tall ears while he stood the whole way. On my first break he was pretty lethargic and I gave him a big drink which he promptly barfed. I don’t know if it was too big a drink or what. This afternoon he liked the ear scratch but was still very low energy. I don’t know if it is a side effect of the new meds or something else.
I’ll be feeding him the rest of his meals this evening with a slow and careful syringe hoping not to upset his tummy.
It’s been pretty quiet here.
JJ had taken all of his prescription tummy meds and began having diarrhea last weekend. We gave him half an imodium on Saturday and a full one on Sunday with no result. Otherwise he was having a great time. We were at a show here in Orlando and got him out several times to watch the show and work the crowd. He was up to barking non-stop whenever Zac was running. He even did a jealous thing at the practice jump. I let him try it with the bar on the ground and he was so conditioned to get a treat with a “good boy” he ate a small piece of cheese. Actually he was relatively ravenous all weekend and ate about 6 morsels each day. He even got so excited at the sight of the hose I let him bite the nozzle.
I left a message for Dr Goldkamp on Monday and later spoke with Hope at UF. It was news to me to know that the diarrhea and vomiting are side effects of the renal failure and that we can only treat the systems until either the kidneys regenerate or not. He did not respond to Pepto Bismol and so we got a script for a couple of other tummy meds on Wednesday.
Thanksgiving was about as good a day for the boy I could hope for. I gave him some food about every half hour along with the requisite ear scratching. The weather was nice and warm. I left the slider open and he sunned himself on the deck. He sniffed about the yard. He barked at Zac. He took a nap on the bed. He followed my every move as I did chores around the house. He still had diarrhea but he did not vomit.
Today has not been as good of a day. He barfed a small bit before we left for work and he was very alert on the way in. He sniffed the AC vents and had very tall ears while he stood the whole way. On my first break he was pretty lethargic and I gave him a big drink which he promptly barfed. I don’t know if it was too big a drink or what. This afternoon he liked the ear scratch but was still very low energy. I don’t know if it is a side effect of the new meds or something else.
I’ll be feeding him the rest of his meals this evening with a slow and careful syringe hoping not to upset his tummy.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home