Monday, November 13, 2006

packer boy 20061113

Original sender: Eric----
JJ came home Thursday night and was pretty out of it from the
anesthetic.

He has a PEG feeding tube. He's to get 1 and 1/2 cans of kd canned food
a day split into 4 daily feedings. The can plus some water gets
blendered together and syringed into the tube that peeks out from under
the bandages around his abdomen. The bandage needs changing every day.
Yesterday the roll of green ran out about half way and the next one was
yellow/gold making him into a packer fan, I did not make a "4" on his
back out of tape but it was implied. Could it be why Green Bay won in
Minnesota?

I was in the store getting the food and they had a scale where JJ was
11.8 kg, up .2 kg from Thursday. I'm sure I'm reading way too much into
it.

He's now on an injectable antibiotic so his stomach can be without the
stress. They found an ulcer when they put in the tube.

JJ seems to tire easily but at times shows flashes of being the same
little shit he's always been. On a drive yesterday he barked at both the
toll collector and the drive thru attendant.

I just got off the phone with Dr Goldcamp at UF and found out that the
wound culture came back positive for a different infection that requires
a new antibiotic. I'll pick that up at the pharmacy on the way home.

For a checkup this week Dr Goldcamp really only needs to see his weight
and blood chemistry; I'm trying to get that done here to save a 300 mile
round trip.

Thanks again for your support.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home