Thursday, October 26, 2006

20061026 Status report

Original sender: Eric----
JJ seemed pleased to be home last night. He explored the yard (closely followed by humans) and did some sniffing and peeing and dog like stuff.

The evening drain emptying and meds were pretty straightforward.

He ate some stuff but did not display much of an appetite. We played some very gentle tug with a fleece toy and he even did a little of the head shaking killing the toy routine. He does like having his leg rubbed.

This morning I gave him his meds and emptied the drain. He ate very little. On the way to the office he vomited just before Hope called to check on him. She said that this was his first try with oral meds in a long while and that he should be given the meds spaced out some so the anti-nausea drugs have a chance to work before he gets the rest of the meds.

I am doing my best to be patient and let him eat on his own. If he needs a feeding tube I’ll get him one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home